2 Mar 2009

Day 20 – Beans and Faggots
















Ten days to go till I can tuck into a nice roast dinner (without beans) and I must say that I’m looking forward to it. I wouldn’t go as far as saying that I’m sick of beans...I just feel like I’m on the M6 (longest motorway in the UK) and getting tired and need a rest break.

Thanks to everyone who has recently been recommending me different meal ideas, I will try my best to get around to them all.

Tonight’s winner winner chicken dinner (it’s not actually chicken) is some Mr Brains Faggots with Tesco reduced salt baked beans. The name says it all doesn’t it? Faggots are made from off-cuts and offal with traditional ingredients being (pig heart, liver and belly meat) but Mr Brains Faggots is mainly comprised of just liver and onion which is largely due to the growing unpopularity of this type of food, so not including the classic ingredients is there way of trying to gain more customers...what next, is the word faggot not allowed just in case it could offend? Should I call my coffee light brown and not black???....either way I think this is a real shame and not because I’m trying to hold on to the old days but because I hate change and want to keep all retro things in production including the classic 600 Polaroid, mini cooper and of course the classic faggot.


The faggots didn’t look as unappealing as I thought they would, they just looked like large meatballs with gravy (ohhh noooo) but this was not the case, they were very fluffy and almost tasted like a large stuffing ball with no chewy toe nails or balls of gristle. The baked beans went very well with the faggots and I genuinely enjoyed this meal...just shows that the classic dishes passed down through generations really are the best ones
.

No comments:

Post a Comment