6 Mar 2009

Day 24 – Baked bean chilli
















Every morning on my way to work I walk past this very strange looking lady who follows my exact footsteps and when I get to my destination she screams “chilllliii beans” and then runs off at extreme speed.....very odd I know and this has been going on since day one of the experiment so today I decided to succumb to her wishes and make a baked bean chilli.

My shopping basked contained mince, kidney beans, rice, chilli mix and of course Tesco value baked beans...it’s very simple to make for those of you who have never made a chilli.
Just brown off the mince, add everything in the pan with it and put on the rice. The baked beans turned out to be a good option as the sauce replaced the tomatoes which I didn’t put in.

I did however over-grate my cheese which is always a real problem as for the effort it takes to store it you may as well just eat it so I decided to decorate the side of the plate with the remaining cheese.

Overall I really enjoyed this meal; I did put too much tobacco sauce in even for my strong tolerance of hot food. I was left with a sweating forehead.
Many thanks goes to the crazy lady who recommended me this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment